Frequently Asked Questions.

In the event that the local authority does not approve you building plans, they will provide reasons why they have rejected the building plans and what must be done to ensure that the building plans are approved. The architectural professional should make all the necessary corrections on the building plans and resubmit the building plan application for approval.
No, you must enroll to study architecture only at institutions that have been accredited by CHE and validated by SACAP.
If you are registered outside South Africa, but want to undertake architectural work in South Africa, you will need to apply for registration with SACAP and write and pass the professional practice examination of this Council.

All SACAP’s applications are done online (from the website at

ONLY applications submitted online, in the prescribed format, will be considered.