Welcome to SACAP
INVITATION TO REGISTERED PERSONS TO NOMINATE SACAP COUNCIL MEMBER (S) TO SERVE ON THE COUNCIL FOR THE ARCHITECTURAL PROFESSION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE FOURTH TERM COUNCIL - EXTENDED DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - 31 OCTOBER 2016
Dear Registered Persons
You are cordially invited to nominate one or more registered persons for consideration and possible appointment as member(s) to the South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) in terms of section 3 (1) (a) (i) (ii) of the Architectural Profession Act, 2000 (Act, No. 44 of 2000) (“the Act”) which reads as follows :
The Composition of Council is in terms of the Architectural Profession Act, Act No 44 of 2000, Section 3
(1) The Council consists of the following members, appointed by the Minister, taking into account, among other things, the principles of transparency and representativity -
a) seven registered persons, excluding candidates, of whom at least four must actively practise in the architectural profession -
(i) who must be nominated by the voluntary associations and any registered persons; and
(ii) who must represent the categories of registered persons contemplated in section 18, in the prescribed manner;
The vacancies are for the following 3 x professional registration categories who are encouraged to apply - Architectural Draughtspersons (PAD), Senior Architectural Technologists (PSAT) and Architects (Pr Arch).
When nominating, consideration should be given to representivity of the nominee in respect of race, gender, disability and geographical location.
The following should be noted:
1. Nominations are for the remainder of the fourth term Council.
2. Nominees must be registered with SACAP and in good standing.
3. The nominations should be made on the Nomination Form and be signed by the registered person submitting the nomination (Click on the hyperlink to access the NOMINATION FORM)
4. Nominees appointed to the Council will serve the remainder of the fourth term Council period.
5. The Council meets at least four times a year and is supported by administrative staff and the term of office of the Council is four years.
6. The nominations must be accompanied by:
6.1 an acceptance form duly completed and signed by the nominee;
6.2 a brief Curriculum Vitae;
6.3 three reference letters, namely: character reference letter, employment reference letter and general reference letter;
6.4 a declaration by the nominee stating that he/she has read and accepted the terms of section 3 to 6 of the Act;
6.5 a declaration by the no nominee stating that he/she is not disqualified in terms of section 6 (1) of the Act nor has he/she served on the Council for two consecutive terms;
7. Successful nominees will be appointed in their own capacity or right and will not represent any constituency.
8. SACAP will give consideration to nominee’s expertise, background and ability.
9. All nominees must be South African citizens and be ordinary residents in South Africa.
10. All nominations must be duly completed, signed and must be submitted to Council within 60 days from the date the invitation was published either by hand, email or post as per the details below:
Closing date : 31 October 2016.
P O Box 408, Bruma, 2026
Physical address: 1st Floor, Lakeside Place, Cnr Ernest Oppenheimer and Queen Street, Bruma, Johannesburg (office hours : 08h30 – 16h30 Monday – Friday).
Tel: +27 11 479 5000 Fax: +27 11 479 5100
11. Incomplete nominations and nominations received after the closing date will not be considered.
12. SACAP will establish a Nomination Panel (in terms of Rule 8.1 of the procedure for nomination of Council members) which will be responsible for recommending to Council the names of nominees considered most suitable for the appointment by the Minister.
13. The recommended persons will be required to provide to the Nomination Panel, through the Registrar, proof of qualifications, copy of identity document and all other documents that may be reasonably requested.
14. The Minister retains the discretion to appoint any person who may have been nominated but not recommended. Therefore, the names will be presented to the Minister.
15. Appointments will be made on non-remunerative basis. Only Council approved honoraria, reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be paid to Council members.