PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE EXAMINATION (PPE)
SACAP would like to confirm that a total of 3 (three) Professional Practice Examinations will be written during the 2018 Calendar year.
The second of these examinations will take place on 25 July 2018.
The following dates should be noted:
21 May 2018 - Applications open;
22 June 2018 - Closing date for applications to write the PPE;
29 June 2018 - Confirmation eligibility to write the PPE.
The third PPE for the calendar year is scheduled October 2018. Details regarding the application date for this examination will be published closer to the exam date.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO WRITE THE PPE
It has been resolved by Council that, going forward, the following will be required from a Candidate before he/she can write the PPE:
· A Candidate can only apply to write the PPE if he/she has completed the full period of required recognised practical experience. This implies that the Candidate must adhere to the following conditions, before he/she will be allowed to write the PPE:
· Candidates must have been registered for the following number of months:
o A minimum of two years for persons registered as Candidate Architects, Candidate Senior Architectural Technologists and Candidate Architectural Technologists;
o A minimum of three years for persons registered as Candidate Architectural Draughtspersons.
· Candidates must have submitted the required number of Monthly Training Records (MTRs) for the period stated above.
· The period of internship shall commence on the date of registration, confirmed to the Candidate in the letter confirming their SACAP registration number.
· MTRs for any period of time that a Candidate has not been registered or that a Candidate has been removed will not be taken into consideration;
· The minimum value units for each category of experience, as set out in the Practical Training Policy, must have been claimed.
· Applications to write the PPE are no longer in the form of a Preliminary Applications and Final Payment.
· Only a, FINAL PAYMENT will be required with this application. This means that all applicants will be required to pay the full PPE fee with the submission of this application.
· No application will be considered without the full payment.
There are 2 different application forms available:
1. PPE: Application – Standard Venues
Cost R2 057.00 per application
This form must be submitted if you want to write the examination in:
· Cape Town;
· East London;
· Port Elizabeth or
PLEASE ensure that you select only 1 venue.
2. PPE: Application – Non-Standard Venues
Cost R4 657.00 per applicant
This form must be submitted if you want to write the examination at any other venue, whether in South Africa or abroad.
PLEASE ensure that you indicate the city/town that you wish to write in, at the space provided on the form.