Vacancy: Committee Coordinator
Wednesday, 14 June 2017
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAPs primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the identification of work that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: Committee Coordinator
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as the Committee Coordinator.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
Secretariat Support to Committee Meetings
· Plan, manage and ensure approval for the Annual Programmes and venues for Committee meetings then distribute to all identified attendees.
· Compile draft Agenda and submit to the respective Manager: Secretariat Support and Committee Chairperson for approval.
· Prepare Committee meeting packs and submit to the Manager: Secretariat Support and COO for review and /or approval, distribute the packs to all Committee members thereof.
·Arrange travel and accommodation for Committee members with travel agents and forward the itineraries to the members.
· Ensure provision of refreshments for Council and Committee meeting events.
· Prepare and maintain attendance register, declaration of interest and confidentiality agreement of all meetings.
· Record all Committee meetings and ensure production of quality minutes for approval.
· Ensure distribution of Resolutions to various departments and follow up on the action list for completion.
· Prepare and maintain attendance register, declaration of interest registers and confidentiality agreement of all meetings.
Compliance with Corporate Governance
· Assist the Manager: Secretariat Support in the development and management of Corporate Governance Policy and Procedures.
· Raise matters in relation to adherence with internal policies and procedures.
Reporting by Committee(s)
· Provide information on the activities of Committees for the production of the Council’s quarterly and annual reports.
· Ensure adequate update of Committee member’s personal details and honoraria payments.
Record Keeping System for Council and Committee(s)
· Develop and manage a record keeping system (process, policy and procedures) relating to activities of Committees.
Maintain records of minutes and resolution of all decisions by Committees.
Financial Management for Respective Committee(s)
· Compile expense submissions for Committee members’ remuneration, all their claims and travel costs for attendance of meetings.
· Submit expense submission to Manager: Secretariat Support for verification and payment.
· NQF level 6 relevant qualification (Administration, Secretarial, Paralegal, etc).
· Minimum of 5 years ‘experience in a secretarial support role.
· Business Writing skills
· Business Communication skills.
· King III report on Corporate Governance.
In this position you will be reporting to the Manager: Secretariat Support.
Closing date: 28 June 2017
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128