Wits City Institute - Doctoral Fellowship Programme 2018
Tuesday, 13 June 2017
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
Dear Wits City Institute fellows and prospective postgraduate students,
The Wits City Institute draws your attention to this National Research Foundation (NRF) funding opportunity call for Masters and Doctoral students for the 2018 academic year.
The present postgraduate funding environment is competitive and the Wits City Institute is pursuing various prospects in order to provide a range of funding opportunities for postgraduate students to be located as fellows in the Wits City Institute (current postgraduate students funded by the Wits City Institute and those interested in pursuing postgraduate degrees at Wits University are strongly encouraged to apply in order to supplement their studies at Wits).
Please note that applicants must apply on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application process set out in the Application and Funding Guide. Please note the internal submission deadline for Wits applicants is the 7th July 2017.
For further information please read the note below from the Research Office at Wits University.
NRF SCHOLARSHIP CALLS FOR 2018 FUNDING - Closing Date: 7 July 2017
1. NRF Freestanding, Innovation and Scarce Skills Development Fund Masters and Doctoral Scholarships Call for 2018
2. Extension Scholarships for Masters and Doctoral Students Call for 2018 (only applicable to students currently supported by the NRF bursary/scholarship and have registered for the maximum no. of years in 2017 (2 years masters, 3 years PhD). Currently funded scholarship students in 1st year reg. masters and 1st /2nd year reg. PhD must renew by doing a report later this year. These students may not re-apply!
3. Study Support for Completing Part-time Doctoral Studies Call for 2018 (only p/t PhD students writing up in 2018).
1. Go to http://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za .
2. Read the respective guide under “OPEN CALLS”. The application form will not guide you in some critical areas so It is COMPULSORY to read and follow the respective call guide (click on the + sign to open the guide (under “open calls” or find in the first field/line of the application)
3. Register/login – Please ensure that you apply to the correct call (check your eligibility etc.) Wits presentation: writing a winning proposal for the NRF: http://intranet.wits.ac.za/academic/uro/PublishingImages/Pages/National-Research-Foundation-(NRF)/NRF%20Wits%20Presentation.pptx