DPW & Transport - Vacancy for Chief Architect, Cape Town
Monday, 27 March 2017
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
CHIEF ARCHITECT, CAPE TOWN
Remuneration: OSD as prescribed - Chief Architect
Reference Number: TPW 2017-18
The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government is looking for an individual to render professional functions and duties in a professional environment. The successful candidate must be able to manage all aspects of the programme for the implementation of capital, maintenance and technical subprogram projects for a defined functional/ geographical area in line with the Provincial Infrastructure Delivery Management System. This position is based in Cape Town.
A relevant B-Degree (or relevant qualification) in Architecture as recognised by SACAP;
• A minimum of 6 years' post qualification architectural experience;
• Valid driver’s licence.
• Compulsory registration with SACAP as a Professional Architect (Please attach your proof of registration to your profile).
Experience of contract documentation and administration;
• Knowledge of Occupation Health & Safety Act, National Building Regulations, SANS and all relevant built environment legislation;
• Experience in project management, formulation of policies in a multi-disciplinary professional environment.
Key Performance Areas
Development, interpretation and customisation of functional and technical norms and standards;
• Development, interpretation and customisation of policies, strategies, plans, procedures and criteria of all infrastructure programmes and projects;
• Master planning, project briefs (including refurbishment and upgrading), business cases, accommodation schedules;
• Research and study literature to keep abreast of new technologies and procedures, including interaction with professional Councils, Boards and organisation;
• Assisting technical and professional staff to achieve the pre-determined performance indicators and service delivery imperatives;
• Management of framework, term service and consultant agreements including appointments, management, and payment processes
Knowledge of programme and project management, research and planning procedures;
• Knowledge of financial management;
• Skills in Leadership, communication, organising and teamwork;
• Verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape; • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Conflict management
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests. Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.
Applications must be submitted online via www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs
CLOSING DATE: 03 April 2017