SACAP Withdraws Identification of Work (IDoW) Interim Policy
Monday, 18 January 2016
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is currently engaging in a Public Participation and Stakeholder Engagement Process regarding the Identification of Work (IDoW) policy which is under review.
The final IDoW Board Notice will be published after the stakeholder and public participation process has been completed.
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) advises all Stakeholders that the Board Notice 154 of 2011 Interim Policy on the Identification of Work for the Architectural Profession (IDoW) including Part One of Two, Part Two of Two has been withdrawn with immediate effect.
Please click on the following hyperlink to access Board Notice 259 of 2015 for the Notice of Withdrawal of Board Notice 154 of 2011.
The following SACAP documents have been withdrawn and cannot be used for purposes of submitting building plans (documents are withdrawn with immediate effect:
1. IDoW application for Special Consent (IDOW 001).
2. SACAP Interim IDoW Policy. Part 1 of 2 (BN 154 of 2011).
3. SACAP Interim IDoW Policy. Part 2 of 2 (BN 154 of 2011).
4. IDoW - SACAP Architectural Compliance Certificate.
5. Demarcation of Architectural Work Matrix (BN 154 of 2011).
The following Board Notices are no longer valid and have been withdrawn in line with the IDoW policy:
1. The Reservation of Work Architects (Consolidation of Government
Notices R1769 of 17 August 1979, R701 of 8 April 1982 and R1770 of
12 August 1983 in terms of the Architects' Act 1970 (Act 35 of 1970 and;
2. The interim Identification of Work (IDoW) Interim Policy - Board Notice
154 of 2011.
All inquiries regarding the Interim IDoW Policy must be placed in writing for the attention of the Registrar/CEO and SACAP Council via the CONTACT US section of the SACAP website.