Advertisement: Executive Secretary
Monday, 05 August 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Position: Executive Secretary
(1) To manage and coordinate the office of the Registrar by providing administrative, secretarial and personal assistance support.
(2) To provide secretariat support to MANCO.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage Registrar’s diary.
- Alert Registrar and affected people of appointments and changes.
- Coordinate activities in relation to performance management and development of the Registrar’s direct reports.
- Manage risks, safety and security in the Registrar’s office.
- Manage the budget for the Registrar’s office.
- Manage tools of trade and equipment provided to the Registrar’s office.
- Prepare management reports and presentations for submission by the Registrar.
- Develop and manage document and information management system.
- Handle Registrar out-tray and file documents.
- Develop and manage annual programme of MANCO and the Registrar.
- Ensure booking of meeting venue.
- Prepare draft agenda for meeting packs and submit to Registrar for approval.
- Identify and collate required information and reports for compilation of meeting packs.
- Submit agenda and meeting packs to Registrar for review and process for approval for printing and circulation to committee members.
- Ensure distribution of meeting packs to all MANCO members.
- Prepare and maintain attendance and declaration of interest registers of all meeting.
- Record all MANCO meetings and compile minutes.
- Ensure follow-up submissions/ reports from identified people meet the required standard for reporting to MANCO.
- Handle correspondence and enquiries from stakeholders.
- Receive visitors to Registrar’s office.
- Ensure provision of refreshments to visitors, when required.
- Act as Project Administrator when there are special projects in the Registrar’s office.
- Secretarial Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a secretarial role, some of which should be as Personal Assistant to an Executive.
- Project Management exposure will be an advantage.
- Office Management
- Report Writing.
In this position you will be reporting to the Registrar.
Closing date: 16 August 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128