A call to registered professionals to serve on the Transformation Committee
Wednesday, 22 May 2019
Transformation is a national strategic imperative in our country and it is a fundamental tenet in the vision and strategy of the 5th term Council.
The objective of the Committee is assist is to the 5th term Council to ensure that there is an effective strategy to address transformation and ensure that the strategy is aligned to broader transformation objectives of the National Government.
The Transformation Committee will:
1. Develop appropriate transformation policies and ensure implementation thereof.
2. Ensure that the strategy is integrated into the entire operational structure of SACAP (through performance expectations) so that transformation becomes an integral part of all levels of SACAP delivery.
3. Monitor transformation progress within the profession.
4. Give attention to issues of diversity, race and gender; equal access to the profession; recognition of prior learning; mentorship and support; and social responsibility; amongst others.
Persons who believe that they have appropriate skills, expertise and experience, coupled with the passion and drive to add value and contribute to transformation within the architectural profession, are requested to submit their applications to SACAP no later than 31 May 2019.
Applications should consist of the following:
· a letter of application (comprising a maximum of two pages) explaining their reason and interest in being appointed to the Transformation Committee, and the value they believe they could add; and
· an abridged CV (comprising a maximum of three pages) highlighting their experience in transformation within the architectural profession and built environment.