ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE SPECIALIST TO SERVE ON THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Wednesday, 22 May 2019
ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE SPECIALIST TO SERVE ON
THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
INVITATION TO SACAP REGISTERED PROFESSIONALS TO SERVE AS A HERITAGE SPECIALST ON THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
The Council invites Registered Professionals to submit their application for consideration as an Architectural Heritage Specialist to serve on the Education Committee.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBER:
1. A registered architectural professional who is in good standing with SACAP.
2. A good knowledge of the architectural profession, with experience in architectural conservation and heritage resource management, through teaching and curriculum development;
3 . A thorough knowledge of our South African heritage, being well versed in broad aspects of our cultural heritage, with particular relevance to Architecture and Human Settlement.
4. A working knowledge of current Heritage Policy, Resource planning & legislation, and Environmental policy, principles and legislation.
ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGEOUS EXPERIENCE
While not essential requirements, the following experience/qualities may be viewed as deemed as advantageous:
5. Experience in South African and international Heritage documentation and archival research;
6. Academic publications in the field of Architectural Heritage;
7. Experience in any of the following: Heritage Impact Assessments / Visual Impact assessments / Socio-economic Assessments / Built Environment Assessment and Grading;
8. Design and supervision of construction in the Heritage Built Environment.
Applicants are requested to submit their applications to SACAP NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, 31ST MAY 2019 AT 16H00
Applications should consist of the following:
1. A letter of application (maximum two pages) explaining the applicant’s reason for applying for the appointment as a Heritage Specialist on the Education Committee and the value he/she could add to SACAP in this regard;
2. An abridged CV (a maximum of three pages) highlighting his/her academic qualifications, professional registrations, expertise and experience;
3. The information of three contactable references. The following information of the references must be supplied: Organisation, full names, designation, e-mail address and office and cell phone numbers.
As part of the appointment process SACAP reserves the right to request applicants to provide certified copies of qualifications and any other additional information or documentation considered necessary.
Applications should be submitted to SACAP:
BY HAND TO: The Manager: Education & Accreditation
51 Wessels street
By post to: The Manager: Education & Accreditation
PO Box 1500
By e-mail to: The Manager: Education & Accreditation
SACAP reserves the right not to appoint applicants
All enquiries should be directed to: Kimberley.Rowan@sacapsa.com