Advertisement: Finance Manager
Thursday, 02 May 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Position: Finance Manager
(1) To manage the control of Financial Management systems in accordance with generally recognised financial practices in order to ensure the achievement of organisational objectives.
(2) To manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Assist with the development and review of financial management and internal control systems (i.e. processes, policies).
· Administer and monitor the implementation of the Financial Management and Internal control systems (i.e. processes, procedures and policies).
· Manage business banking.
· Manage company credit cards.
· Manage petty cash.
· Manage travel and accommodation arrangements.
· Develop and manage the process for collection of Registration Fees.
· Manage the Suspense Account.
· Manage collection of penalties/ fines.
· Develop and review of systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures) for Accounts Payable and Receivable.
· Manage Accounts Payable.
· Manage Accounts Receivable.
· Verify Journal entry adjustments.
· Prepare the financial month-end, quarterly and year-end reports.
· Assist with the production of Annual Financial Statements.
· Compile and maintain the Asset Register.
· Conduct regular physical asset verification.
· Manage company insurance.
· Manage Asset disposal.
· Coordinate internal auditing and assist with external auditing processes.
· Manage the Payroll Process.
· Handle all 3rd party payments.
· Assist with the development and review of SCM systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures).
· Assist with the Procurement of products and service providers.
· Manage the purchase order system.
· Participate in special projects and programmes.
· Manage performance and development of subordinates.
· Manage risks within the Unit.
· Manage an information and records systems.
· A Bachelor qualification in Accounting or equivalent.
· A post-graduate qualification will be an advantage.
· Minimum of 3 years relevant financial experience.
· Financial and Management Reporting.
· Accounting Software (e.g. Pastel Evolution, JDE, etc.).
· Accounting software, preferably Pastel Evolution.
In this position you will be reporting to the Senior Finance Manager.
Closing date: 16 May 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128