Advertisement: Intern Legal & Compliance
Friday, 26 April 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Position: Intern: Legal & Compliance
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join as an Intern in the Legal & Compliance Unit.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Acknowledge complaints from members of the public
· Manage complaints received from members of the public.
· Conduct investigation using various tools to gather information.
· Assist with the co-ordination of Tribunal activities.
· Assist with the provision of professional guidance to SACAP and monitor compliance in relation to its legal, regulatory and statutory aspects of its mandate.
· Drafting of legal contracts such as Service Level Agreement (SLAs), Employment Contracts, Consultancy Agreements; Project Contracts.
· Assist with the compilation of Management reports to the Senior Manager
· Handle queries by architectural professionals and general public.
· Understanding of relevant legislative and statutory mandate of professional bodies/ Councils.
· Understanding of the public and private Further and Higher Education and Training institutions.
· Knowledge of record keeping/ documentation management systems.
· LLB Degree.
· Administration background will be an advantage.
· PC Literacy.
· Record keeping and archiving systems (manual and electronic).
· Business Etiquette
In this position you will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Legal & Compliance.
Closing date: 09 May 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128