Advertisement Senior Committee Coordinator
Tuesday, 09 April 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Position: Senior Committee Coordinator
(1) To oversee all Council Secretariat coordinative functions for Council Committees. Support the Registrar in all activities relating to the Secretariat function.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Plan and manage the Annual Programmes and venues for Committee meetings.
· Review the draft Agendas and submit to the respective Committee Chairperson and Registrar for approval.
· Oversee the preparation of Committee meeting packs and submit to the Registrar for review and/ or approval.
· Ensure distribution of meeting packs to all Committee members.
· Ensure accurate attendance register, declaration of interest registers and confidentiality agreement of all meetings are maintained.
· Ensure that all Committee meetings are recorded and minutes compiled, checked for accuracy before sent to Registrar for approval.
· Assist the Registrar in the development and management of Corporate Governance Policy and Procedures.
· Raise matters in relation to adherence with internal policies and procedures.
· Checks information supplied by coordinators on the activities of committees for accuracy for the production of the council’s quarterly and annual reports.
· Ensures that contact details and addresses of Committee members are up to date.
· Develop and manage a record keeping system (process, policy and procedures) relating to activities of Committees.
· Maintain records of minutes and resolution of all decisions by Committees.
· Compile budget for all the Committees, expense submissions for Committee members’ remuneration, all their claims and travel costs for attendance of meetings.
· Verify the accuracy of expense submissions before submitting to Registrar for payments
· Relevant Bachelor Degree, National Diploma or CIS is an advantage.
· At least NQF Level 6 relevant qualification (Administration, Secretarial, Paralegal, etc.).
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Legal or Secretariat role.
· Business writing skills.
· Business Communication Skills.
· Time Management.
· PC Literacy.
In this position you will be reporting to the Registrar.
Closing date: 24 April 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128