Advertisement: Finance Senior Manager
Tuesday, 09 April 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Position: Finance Senior Manager
The Senior Manager: Support Services is critical to the implementation of Sections 8 and 12 of the Architectural Profession Act, 2000 (Act No. 44 of 2000 with regards to:
(1) Directing SACAP in terms of Financial, Revenue, Audit, Risk and Supply Chain Management.
(2) Overseeing and leading Finance Department.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Develop and manage the implementation of the Support Services strategy.
· Provide professional guidance to SACAP and monitor compliance in relation to its financial legal, regulatory and statutory aspects of its mandate.
· Prepare and submit all statutory financial reports to relevant bodies (CBE, DPW, etc.).
· Develop and manage Financial Management and Internal control systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures, practices).
· Manage budgeting for SACAP and all departments.
· Manage and control cash flow.
· Ensure the management of Assets.
· Develop and review of SCM systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures) for Accounts Payable and Receivable.
· Lead and guide Procurement of products and services.
· Ensure development and review of systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures) for Accounts Payable and Receivable.
· Ensure management of Accounts Payable.
· Ensure management of Accounts Receivable.
· Ensure financial month-end, quarterly and year-end reporting.
· Ensure the production of Annual Financial Statements.
· Develop and review audit and risk management systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures).
· Oversee internal and external audits.
· Lead special projects and programmes.
· Manage Project resources (i.e. people, time and funds).
· Manage activities, performance and development of staff.
· Manage the departmental budget.
· Manage tools of trade and equipment provided to staff.
· Manage external service providers.
· Manage an information and records systems.
· Prepare management reports.
· Manage risks within the department.
· A post-graduate qualification in Accounting.
· Post-graduate Business Management qualification will be an advantage.
· Minimum of 7 years proven work experience (Financial Management and Auditing), about 3 years of which should be at Middle Management level.
· Experience in Supply Chain Management.
· Background in Public sector would be an advantage.
· Completion of quarterly and Annual Financial reports.
· Accounting Software (e.g. Pastel Evolution, JDE, etc.).
· Budgeting and allocation of scarce resources.
· Governance and Risk Management.
· People Management.
In this position you will be reporting to the Registrar.
Closing date: 24 April 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128