SACAP Vacancy: Registrar
Sunday, 07 April 2019
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP is established in terms of Section 2 of Act No. 44 of 2000. SACAPs mandate is to protect the public by setting up standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics; keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards; approve programmes at Architectural Learning Sites which professionals must complete maintaining a register; and take action when candidates and professionals on the register do not meet our standards.
Job Grade: E1
Remuneration: R1 438 632.42 TCTC per annum
Job Type: 5 years Fixed-Term Contract
SACAP seeks to appoint a dynamic head of administration with proven track record in management in the role of the Registrar:
· The registrar will work as the head of administration in SACAP, supporting Council in carrying out its mandate and administering its affairs in line with the prescripts of the Architectural Profession Act and Built Environment Acts.
· The incumbent will oversee all aspects of SACAP operations and ensure that the mandate of Council is fulfilled.
· The incumbent will ensure that the objectives of Council are achieved through effective organizational leadership, management and sound governance.
The Registrar will report directly to Council and will be responsible for:
· Assisting Council to carry out its powers and functions; administering the affairs of Council; and activities of all Committees.
· Establish an effective organizational structure and introduce effective business processes.
· Develop SACAP’s long-term strategy and multi-year business plan.
· Fulfil general responsibilities of Council in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
· Prepare and monitor annual budget and improve the stability and sustainability of SACAP.
· Develop a competent team and create an organizational culture that encourages performance excellence and ensure that SACAP achieves its strategic goals.
· Promote SACAP and ensure that its public image and stakeholder services standards are excellent.
· Ensure that SACAP’s public mandate is fulfilled by setting standards for registrants’ education and training, professional skills, conduct, performance and ethics and keep a register of candidates and professionals who meet those standards.
· Any relevant degree.
· 5 to 10 years work experience in a management role in any regulatory environment.
· A qualification in the built environment will be an added advantage.
· In depth understanding of public regulation and public sector policy environment.
· Full knowledge of labour legislation, Public Finance Management Act.
· Full understanding of trends and policies related to the built environment.
· Full understanding of SACAP’s business and mandate.
· Full knowledge of the role of built environment Councils.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in MS Office software packages.
Closing date: 10 May 2019
Suitably qualified candidates may forward applications including a covering letter, curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications via email to email@example.com or hand deliver for the attention of the President of Council Mrs Letsabisa Shongwe (nèe Lerotholi) at 51 Wessel Road, Rivonia, 2128.
All queries should be directed to the President of Council, Mrs Letsabisa Shongwe (nèe Lerotholi) via email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com