Administrator - Registrations
Tuesday, 05 February 2019
The South African Council for the Architecture Profession (SACAP) is the regulatory authority for the Architectural Profession established from the Architectural Profession Act, 2000 (Act No. 44 of 2000) (referred to as “the Act”). SACAP is one of the six built environment professional councils resorting under the Council for the Built Environment (CBE) which reports to the Minister of the Department of Public Works (DPW).
SACAP regulates the profession as follows:
· Registration of suitably qualified architectural professionals and candidates.
· Administers a code of professional conduct.
· Guides the architectural profession by issuing guideline professional fees
· Protects the public’ interest by identifying the type of architectural work each category of professionally registered person.
· Regulates the standards of architectural education offered at Tertiary institutions, (referred to as Architectural Learning Sites).
· Recognises architectural voluntary associations which provide the profession with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses.
Position: Administrator - Registrations
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as an Administrator - Registrations. To provide administration support to the registration of architectural professionals and maintain registration records.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
· To report on own performance and work activities.
· Retrieve online applications for Registration and finalise on the electronic system.
· Compile reports on work done.
· Maintain records.
· Engage other stakeholders where necessary.
· Handle queries by architectural professionals and general public.
· Act on queries received from Contact Centre when required.
· Act as relief to Contact Centre when required.
· Understanding of relevant legislative and statutory mandate of professional bodies/ Councils.
· Knowledge of record keeping/ documentation management systems.
· Post-matric Certificate or Diploma or Certificate in Administration or similar.
· Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
· Administration background is essential.
· PC Literacy.
· Record keeping and archiving systems (manual and electronic).
· Business Etiquette
Reporting line: In this position you will be reporting to the Manager: Registrations and CPD.
Closing date: 19 February 2019
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128