Vacancy : Secretary for the Senior Manager Legal and Compliance
Thursday, 12 January 2017
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAPs primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the identification of work that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as a Secretary to the Senior Manager: Legal and Compliance.
Position: Secretary for the Senior Manager Legal and Compliance
To provide administration support to the Legal and Compliance department.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
Administrative support for the Department
- Develop, implement and maintain effective administrative system processes and practice standards
- Act as Project Administrator when there are special projects in the Department
- Co-ordinate the logistic of events and functions for the Department
- Assist the Senior Manager with the compilation of reports and presentations
- To support the functioning of the enforcement and prosecutorial function
- To support the functioning of the complaints and investigations function
Record keeping systems for Legal and Compliance Department
- Develop and manage a record keeping system
- Maintain records of all correspondence, legal as well as Investigating Committee and Tribunal documents
- Assist with the sourcing and recording of research information.
Co-ordinate meeting activities for the Department
- Manage arrangements for all departmental meetings
- Prepare draft agenda and submit to the Senior Manager for approval
- Identify and collate required meeting information and reports
- Record meetings and compile minutes.
Office and Resource Management
- Assist the Senior Manager with the management of risks, safety and security in the Department
- Assist with the management of tools of trade and equipment provided to the Department
- Assist with financial administration in the Department.
- Matric plus Secretarial Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a secretarial role, with at least 1 year general Litigation experience
- In this position you will be reporting to SACAP’s Senior Manager: Legal and Compliance.
- All short listed candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment.
Closing date: 26 January 2017
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application was unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128