Summary of key points:
The Contract Management Course is essential if you want to acquire the necessary practical skills to manage and administer contracts. It will also help you to understand contract management processes and acquire the confidence to develop new contracts.
1. Understanding what Contract Management is with respect to :
· Planning, Leading, Organizing and Controlling
· Contract Management Terminology
· Pre-Contract Planning
· Awarding of Contracts
· Contract Administration
· Managing Service Level Agreements
2. Reasons why Contracts are needed
3. Understanding Basic Law of Contracts
4. Process of Contract creation
5. Interpretation of Contracts
6. Types of Contracts
7. Procurement in S.A.
Negotiate Contracts and terms
Acceptance and Rejection of Contracts
Controlling and Administration
Types of Contracts in Construction Projects
Selection of Contracts
· NEC, FIDIC, GCC, JBCC
CIDB and its role thereof in S.A.
Understanding Procurement in S.A.
· Definitions, Contractual Agreement, Practical Completion, Nominated sub Contractors
· Final Completion, Sectional Completion, Practical Completion, Final Accounts/Final Payments
· Termination, Defects, Payments, Interim Payments, Guarantees, Retention
· Waiver of Lien, Interest, Payment Certificates, Recovery Statement, Escalation