CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
CLAIMING OF CPD CREDITS
CPD Credits must be claimed annually, by the registered professional, directly on their Profile on the SACAP website.
Please follow these instructions ;
1. Go to the SACAP website at www.sacapsa.com and log in on the Home page, using your
USERNAME and PASSWORD.
2. After Logging in, you will be asked to verify your personal details.
Any change in addresses, telephone numbers, employment etc. can be done here.
3. Once completed, you must proceed to MANAGE PROFILE.
4. Go to CONTENT & FEATURES on this section you will find PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
5. Select PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT and the next screen that will be displayed is a summary of
the CPD Categories.
6. Click on + ADD ENTRY to log CPD credits.
7. This will open the screen for capturing your CPD credits.
8. When capturing CPD credits, follow these guidelines:
||is this entry for a Certificate or Program?
||Always select YES
||Select CPD 5 Year Cycle from the drop-down menu.
||Select the Category of the particular Credit from the drop down menu.
||For Category 1 and Category 3b activities, this is the date on which the activity took place.
SACAP is pleased to announce that the ONLINE CERTIFICATE for Professionals has been completed on YM.
Professionals can now print certificates according to the following three types of certificates available:
CERTIFICATE ONE - APPLICABLE TO PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE CPD COMPLIANT 2015
Please note: This section is applicable to Professionals that were due for renewal of registration through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in 2015.
(Please note: The 2015 Renewal was for Professionals who were registered in the following years: 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005 and 2010).
The conditions for Renewal of Registration are as follows:
1. CPD records for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 must have been submitted in FULL.
2. A minimum amount of 25 CPD credits in the three CPD categories combined must have
been accrued over a five year period.
3. A minimum of 5 of the 25 CREDITS must have been accrued in CATEGORY ONE.
4. Once a Professional has complied with the above conditions, a CERTIFICATE WILL
ALREADY BE ON YOUR PROFILE ON YM.
CERTIFICATE TWO – APPLICABLE TO PROFESSIONALS WHO RE-REGISTERED OR UPGRADED TO A DIFFERENT CATEGORY OF REGISTRATION FROM 15 AUGUST 2014 TO DATE
New certificates were created on YM for Professionals in this category.
This certificate is called an AD HOC certificate on YM.
CERTIFICATE THREE – APPLICABLE TO PROFESSIONALS WHO HAVE BEEN ISSUED WITH AN ORGINAL SACAP PRINTED CERTIFICATE PREVIOUSLY (BEFORE 2015) BUT REQUIRE A RE-PRINT/RE-ISSUE OF THE CERTIFICATE
A written request must be sent to SACAP via the following email address:
email@example.com or on the CONTACT US section of the SACAP website: www.sacapsa.com.
SACAP will determine whether the applicant (Professional) is fully PAID UP and has met
with the Conditions for CPD compliance.
Please click on the following link to read more on CPD Compliance
Thereafter, an AD HOC Certificate will be created on your profile.
SACAP will communicate with you once the above has been completed.
Please click on the following link to access the CPD ONLINE CERTIFICATE PRINTING TUTORIAL