Vacancy : Manager - Secretariat Support
18 January 2017
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAPs primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the Identification of Work (IDoW) that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: Manager – Secretariat Support
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as the Manager: Secretariat Support.
The Manager: Secretariat Support is critical to effective corporate governance with regards to the:
- development and management of an effective secretariat support system
- provision of a professional secretariat support service to Council and all Committees
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and manage Corporate Governance Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Plan and manage the Annual Corporate Calendar, Programmes and venues for Council and Committee meetings.
- Review draft Agenda and submit to the COO, Registrar and Chairperson for approval.
- Prepare Council meeting packs and submit to the COO and Registrar for review and/ or approval.
- Manage distribution of meeting packs to all Council members.
- Handle travel and accommodation requirements as well as claims for Council members.
- Ensure provision of refreshments for Council events.
- Prepare and maintain attendance register, declaration of interest registers and confidentiality agreement of all meetings.
- Record all Council meetings and compile minutes.
- Provide information on the activities of committees for the production of the council’s quarterly and annual reports.
- Constantly update contact details and addresses of Council members.
- Develop and manage a record keeping system (process, policy and procedures) relating to activities of Council and Committees.
- Review all Committee minutes for correctness before submission to the Chairperson.
- Maintain records of minutes and schedule of resolutions by Council and Committees.
- Manage the submissions to heads of departments/Units for feedback and action and follow up for feedback to Council and Committees.
- Check and verify Council and Committee members’ remuneration, all their claims and travel costs for attendance of meetings.
- Ensure that expenses are within allocated budgets.
- Ensure payment of Council and Committee members’ remuneration, claims and travel costs.
- Lead special projects and programmes.
- Manage activities, performance and development of staff.
- Prepare management reports.
- Manage risks within the department.
- Bachelor Degree, National Diploma or CIS.
- Postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
- Public Administrative Law would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant secretariat experience, some of which should be as a Team Leader/ Supervisory level.
- Knowledge of record keeping/ documentation management systems.
- King III report on Corporate Governance.
In this position you will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
Closing date: 31 January 2017
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128