Vacancy : Manager - Education and Accreditation
18 January 2017
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAPs primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the Identification of Work (IDoW) that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: Manager - Education and Accreditation
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as a Manager: Education and Accreditation.
The purpose of the position is:
- To evaluate and maintain the quality and standard of architectural education and training programmes offered at public and private institutions and providers throughout South Africa.
- To assess educational qualifications which are not accredited nor recognized under an international educational agreement for substantial equivalence to a South African accredited qualification.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage Qualification Evaluation Processes and Policies.
- Manage Accreditation Processes and Policies).
- Develop a framework for the assessment of non-accredited qualifications.
- Conduct evaluation of educational qualifications not accredited by SACAP nor recognized under an international educational agreement, for substantial equivalence to a South African accredited qualification.
- Plan and execute accreditation activities.
- Develop and manage SACAP capacity for accreditation to further entrench the use and application of the Accreditation Policies.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. CHE, SAQA, CBE, etc.).
- Monitor compliance with Education and Accreditation legislative and statutory requirements.
- Assist with the development and management of the Education and Accreditation aspects within the Communication Plan with the target stakeholders.
- Participate in special projects and programmes.
- Manage the budget of the unit.
- Manage external service providers.
- Prepare management reports.
- Manage risks within the unit.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or National Diploma.
- Public Administrative Law would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of record keeping/ documentation management systems.
- Working understanding of the public and private Further and Higher Education and Training institutions.
In this position you will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
Closing date: 31 January 2017
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Right Wing, Rivonia, 2128