SACAP vacancy : Senior Manager Statutory Services
17 November 2016
Posted by: Jacquie Cullis
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP’s primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the identification of work that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: Senior Manager: Professional Statutory Services
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join SACAP as a Senior Manager: Professional Statutory Services.
To implement section 18-23 of the Architectural Profession Act, 2000 (Act No. 44 of 2000) with regard to compliance by professionals and Council to the mandatory legislative and statutory requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and manage the implementation of the Professional Statutory Services strategy.
- Manage the establishment of an Architectural Standards Generating Body and develop standards and procedures for architectural education and professional competency.
- Facilitate registration of educational standards on the National Qualification Framework with SAQA.
- Facilitate recognition of international standards for recognition of international educational programmes.
- Manage the validation of architectural learning site
- Provide professional guidance to SACAP and all stakeholders and monitor compliance in relation to the statutory aspects of Architectural professional.
- Develop and manage the Education, Accreditation and RPL Strategy.
- Ensure the development and management of the Registrations and CPD systems (i.e. processes, policies) for all stakeholder groupings.
- Draft proposed rules and manage the soliciting of input or comments from interested persons.
- Ensure the drafting of a Guideline Scope of Services and Tariff of Fees
- Manage the Recognition of Voluntary Associations.
- Submit recommendations to the CBE regarding the type of work to be performed by Registered persons.
- Lead special departmental projects and programmes.
- Manage activities, performance and development of staff.
- Manage the departmental budget.
- Prepare management reports.
- Manage risks within the department.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree in Education or Administration.
- A post-graduate qualification would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant regulatory work experience; some of which must be at Middle Management level.
- Best practice and trends in relation to CPD
In this position you will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
Closing date: 01 December 2016
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as being unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 51 Wessels Road, Rivonia, Sandton.