The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP's primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of architectural professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the Identification of Work (IDowW) that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: IT Technician
This is a deadline driven role and would require a person with a good work ethic and analytical thinking skills that works well independently. This position is for someone who has a strong personality and can work well under pressure.
The main responsibilities will be the following:
SYSTEMS AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATION
· Install and configure operating systems
· Setup and manage local computer, user and group accounts
· Manage Network Connectivity – including Wireless, LAN, Web Browsers
· Assign networking passwords and create new users
· Ensure protection and maintenance of network against viruses
· Provide support to users on systems (e.g. YM and Pastel Evolution)
· Log and manage service requests
· Administer systems users and parameters
· Administer allocation of members to users
· Assist users with MS Office suite issues (Windows, Outlook, and Excel)
· Generate monthly reports on captured, completed and outstanding requests
· Maintain IT License Register
· Generate weekly and adhoc reports
· Liaising with service providers and users on the progress of service request
· Adhoc duties
SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS AND HARDWARE SUPPORT
· Install and configure software applications on desktops and notebooks
· Provide software application support
· Provide desktop and troubleshooting support
· Manage upgrades or downgrades of hardware and software
· Facilitate training of users on software applications
· Communication technology – e.g. telephones
· Allocating of computer equipment to users.
· Create user accounts on server and manage rights and permissions
· Managed daily backups for file server and application server
· Data recovery and file restoration on servers and user computers
· Monitor, maintain and operate all IT systems, interfaces and underlying databases to assure that issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
WEBSITE AND INTRANET MAINTENANCE
· Update information
· Create new screen
· Web development
· Maintenance of databases
· Writing scripts
· Internal support and training
MANAGEMENT OF EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
· Liaison with suppliers vendors
The role requires at least 2 year experience in software development and HTML, JAVA Script and SQL programming and graphic design
Certificates/Certification - MCSE (MS Certified Systems Engineer)
Certificates/Certification - A+, N+ Certification
Certificates/Certification - MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator)
Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
In this position you will be reporting to the ICT Manager.
Closing date: 7 September 2016
If you have not heard from SACAP within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 1st floor, Lakeside Place, Cnr Ernest Oppenheimer and Queen Street, Bruma, 2026.